Wednesday, April 29, 2020

January 2015 - Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Today is my last Herceptin treatment.  After three surgeries and a year of every three week cycles of  lab work on a Friday and  then an IV infusion on Monday and all the poking and gross tastes and smells and my life sort of revolving around the "cycle" I am done.  And I am SO ready to be done, so WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! 


If you could all just chant with me for a second too, that would be helpful.  I. WILL. NEVER. HAVE. TO. DO. THIS. AGAIN. EVER. EVER. EVER.


Thanks.


So medically now the only treatment I continue with is the Tamoxifen - and that is a long road.  Five-ten years.  Every three month visits with my oncologist until next December which marks my two year anniversary of diagnosis (and the GREATEST risk period during which a recurrence might occur).  Then I move to less frequent visits with an eye on the five-year-mark when I become officially NED (no evidence of disease) which will be 2018, I will be 45 and I am doing something MONUMENTAL.  So stay tuned. 


I have been really so lucky in the past three months or so because as you all know, I took a new job with Sonos and we are moving the family to Santa Barbara this summer.  All the change has been OVERWHELMING,

No comments:

Post a Comment