Monday, November 9, 2020

Surgery Success

 Just a quick post with all the updates and outcomes from surgery!

  • They were able to close my skin without the lat flap!
  • The plastic surgeon was able to find a vein to connect with the lymphatic system to reduce risk of lymphedema!
  • They got clean margins meaning no sign of cancer in any of the skin margins removed during surgery!
  • They removed 21 lymphnodes and only 2 had any sign of cancer...and the cancer they had was .24 mm or smaller!
I am also healing quite well from the surgery. They wanted me to work up to walking 30 minutes per day over the 4-6 week recovery period, and I already got there yesterday, albeit very slowly. The pain and nausea are being treated well with tylenol and motrin. I have found a comfortable way to sleep in my bed with a back wedge. I think my drains will be able to come out tomorrow and then I can be more confident showering!

So, short and sweet today to just say for now IT IS ALL GOOD. 💓

Be back either when I have more to say or when I know more about radiation.

Thanks,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment