Saturday, March 1, 2014

Chemo Update

I just got my last post chemo shot and so the medical intervention part of cycle 1 is over.  yeehaw!!  Other than some lethargy and nausea, I feel great.  If this first week is any indication of how chemo is going to go, I can so totally handle this!!!

I will say that I was maybe a bit cocky about the steroid induced food cravings.  I did not have food cravings while pregnant and was sure I would not on steroids.  Wrong.  I have eaten a lot of bacon this week and pretty much want bacon, eggs, or a giant burger 24 hours a day.  As you all know, I have promised myself I will not gain weight on chemo, so I need to get the food thing in order.  I managed to eat a Portobello burger one day and a turkey burger one day so I am optimistic I am not going to succumb to droid induced food hedonism...but the cravings were way more real and urgent than I expected.

That's it.  Feeling really super optimistic.  Only 116 days and my chemo cycle will be complete.  I CAN DO THIS.

Sherri

1 comment:

  1. I'm still scared but now that we have a plan I feel more settled. I can live without hair for three months. I think.this Sildenafil site

    ReplyDelete