Monday, February 3, 2014

Quick Update

Saw the plastic surgeon today, he said everything looks.good.  Where I am worried about my right side having issues, and it might have some minor issues according to him, he said it looks great but is being compared to my left side which he says is basically like miraculously well and quickly healing and pain-free so I am worrying bc I am comparing the right side which is normal to the left side which is like super human.  All I can say is phew!  And I hope he is right.

I also got my drains out which is a relief but no real allowances gained...still can't lift or squeeze the girls, and they told me I need to ease off of the turbo walking and take it easy.  I go back again next Monday.

We also got tentatively scheduled to start chemo on February 19th.  I am waiting for the full pathology report to come in on the tumor bc I am still hoping for some miracle news that will get me out of chemo altogether...but until that happens, that is the next major and horrific step.

I have been spending my down time watching the entire series of the show Parenthood which I hadn't seen before, and the episode I watched last night right before bed had the mom starting chemo and throwing up all over herself and just having a hard time and so that was a bad choice on my part bc it has exacerbated my fears...but the script writer had her calling chemo poison and being mad about making her healthy cells sick and so there were parts of it that were sort of reassuring as far as making me feel normal.  But I am scared and I don't want to do it.  I want a way out.  I don't think I'm going to find one that doesn't significantly impact my long-term survival.  Grrrrr.

Ok, so I said a quick update so that's basically it.  Tomorrow is World Cancer Day so if you have a face book or Twitter account purple your profile in support, please.  The stats just on breast cancer alone are scary...a new woman diagnosed every 3 minutes, a woman dying every 13 minutes, and those of us who do survive long term go through a small he'll and have disfigured bodies and miss out on time with and hugs from our kids.  Our caregivers go through a whole different kind of hell and breast cancer is one of the.most treatable and beatable cancers.  There are too many horrible types of cancers out there that are way worse.  And they all suck.  Anyway, if you think about it you can google "purple your profile"  and show your support.  GM is donating $1 per purple profile up to $1 million.   Pretty cool, huh?

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment